Keeping you posted on TOAH’s temporary procedures/protocols
Just a friendly reminder that we are open and seeing scheduled appointments and procedures! However, due to the pandemic, Tuscawilla Oaks will continue to operate with curbside service only, at least through July 2020. We have been advised by the AVMA and the State of Florida to not have ANY unauthorized persons in our hospital until we have been cleared to return to normal operations. Prior to visiting our hospital, if you are exhibiting any signs of illness, please arrange for a friend or family member that DOES NOT reside with you to bring your pet. Thank you for your patience and understanding and stay healthy!!
What does “curbside service” mean?
You may schedule all appointments, procedures, boarding and bathing services for your pet as needed. Unfortunately, clients are still not permitted to enter our hospital. But don’t worry, one of our friendly staff members will come to you and handle everything. We will be communicating via phone AND email throughout your pet’s appointment. Please be sure you have phone and internet capabilities when you come for your pet’s appointment. 🙂
For all appointments, procedures, boarding check in/out or bath check in/out:
Once you arrive at TOAH, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387.
- You will be checked in to the hospital and the technician, Dr and/or kennel attendant will be alerted to your pet’s arrival. (For boarders: information regarding the boarding stay will be taken over the phone by a receptionist.)
- You will be asked to give your payment information by phone at this time, however, you will not be charged until the end of the appointment/procedure or boarding stay. This will be the only way we can accept payment at this time. No cash transactions please.
- You will also be asked to confirm a valid email address for your treatment plan and receipt.
- A few moments later, a technician will contact you to obtain history from you based on the reason for the pet’s appointment. PLEASE REMAIN INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET.
- Once history/information is obtained, the technician/or kennel attendant will ask you to meet them on the front porch to retrieve your pet and bring them inside the hospital to meet with the attending veterinarian.
- After the veterinarian performs the examination, you will be emailed a customized treatment plan that we will need you access right away (be sure you have mobile access to email) in order to review, consent and then return to us via email prior to any treatments/procedure/diagnostics/medications being performed/administered. Once we receive your consent, we will proceed.
- Once complete, your pet will be ready for discharge. A technician will review any additional questions or clarifications and a discuss a follow up plan. They will then meet you on the front porch to return your pet to you. (For boarders and bathing appointments, once your pet is checked out a friendly kennel attendant will return your pet to you.)
- Once all treatments/procedures/diagnostics/medications are performed/administered, payment will then be processed and a receipt will be emailed to you.
If you are picking up any food, supplies and/or medications:
Once you arrive at TOAH, please remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387 and advise them of the reason for your visit.
- You will be asked to give your payment information by phone at this time, and payment will be processed and a receipt will be emailed.
- A receptionist will then bring out the food/supply/medication to our front porch bench (bagged and labeled) and you may pick it up there.
If you are visiting TOAH due to a life-threatening emergency, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our receptionists at 407-678-8387
- Await further instructions.
If it is after business hours, you are experiencing a pet emergency, and you need to contact the on-call veterinarian, please contact them via Medici. The is the app we utilize for virtual consultations. Your pet must have a current Provider/Patient Relationship. (Patient has to have been examined in hospital withing the last year)
https://med.ci/app-p Hospital Code: TOAH.
(If you do not have internet/app capabilities or your pet has not been examined at TOAH in the past year, please contact the on-call veterinarian at 407-917-0501)
We thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to these new rules and guidelines. Please do not hesitate to call or email us for any questions or concerns.
The Drs and Staff of Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital