Due to the pandemic, Tuscawilla Oaks will continue to operate with curbside services only. We have been advised by the AVMA and the State of Florida to not have ANY unauthorized persons in our hospital until we have been cleared to return to normal operations. Prior to visiting our hospital, if you are exhibiting any signs of illness, please arrange for a friend or family member that DOES NOT reside with you to bring your pet. Thank you for your patience and understanding and stay healthy!!
What does “curbside service” mean? : You may schedule all appointments, procedures, boarding, and bathing services for your pet as needed however, only patients will enter the hospital. Clients will not be permitted to enter. Rather, one of our friendly staff members will come to you and handle everything. We will be communicating via phone AND email throughout your pet’s appointment. Please be sure you have phone and internet capabilities when you come for your pet’s appointment. 🙂
For all appointments, procedures, boarding check-in/out, or bath check-in/out: Once you arrive at TOAH, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387.
- You will be checked into the hospital and the technician, Dr and/or kennel attendant will be alerted to your pet’s arrival. (For Boarder or Day Players: Payment will be collected at this time.)
- You will also be asked to confirm a valid email address for your treatment plan and receipt.
- A few moments later, a technician will contact you to obtain a history from you based on the reason for the pet’s appointment. PLEASE REMAIN INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET.
- Once history/information is obtained, the technician/or kennel attendant will ask you to meet them on the front porch to retrieve your pet and bring them inside the hospital to meet with the attending veterinarian.
- After the veterinarian performs the examination, you will be shown a customized treatment plan to review and consent, prior to any treatments/procedure/diagnostics/medications being performed/administered.
- Once complete, your pet will be ready for discharge. A technician will review any additional questions or clarifications and discuss a follow-up plan. They will then meet you on the front porch to return your pet to you. (For boarders and bathing appointments, once your pet is checked out, a friendly kennel attendant will return your pet to you.)
- Once all treatments/procedures/diagnostics/medications are performed/administered, payment will then be processed and a receipt will be emailed to you.
If you are picking up any food, supplies, and/or medications: Once you arrive at TOAH, please remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387 and advise them of the reason for your visit.
- You will be asked to give your payment information by phone at this time, and payment will be processed and a receipt will be emailed.
- A receptionist will then bring out the food/supply/medication to our front porch bench (bagged and labeled) and you may pick it up there.
If you are visiting TOAH due to a life-threatening emergency, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our receptionists at 407-678-8387
- Await further instructions.
If you have an emergency outside of our regular business hours, please contact our on-call veterinarian via our Medici app. If you do not receive a response within five minutes or if it is between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am, please go directly to the following emergency facility. This is the app we utilize for virtual consultations. Your pet must have a current Provider/Patient Relationship.
https://med.ci/app-p Hospital Code: TOAH.
We thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to these new rules and guidelines. Please do not hesitate to call or email us with any questions or concerns.
The Drs and Staff of Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital