Dear valued clients of TOAH,
Beginning Monday, April 6th and until further notice, Tuscawilla Oaks will be adjusting our temporary business hours in light of the pandemic. This is in addition to our already implemented curbside service only. We have been advised by the State of Florida and the American Veterinary Association to avoid ANY unauthorized persons in our hospital AND have been urged to only see urgent medical cases and ill patients until the crisis has been everted.
What does this mean?
Our hospital will change its operating hours to a limited schedule of Monday-Friday from 7:30am-5pm and Saturday 8am-12pm. During these times, we will be able to examine and treat ill pet appointments, puppy/kitten vaccinations/booster appointments and/or any other urgent or medically necessary appointments or procedures.
What if I have a question, medication or food pick up or need to schedule my pet’s appointment? What if my pet has a life-threatening emergency?
Monday-Friday we will be open for scheduled ill pet appointments/emergency situations only and/or medication and food pick up. At this time, we will be beginning a waiting list for all Adult Pet Annual Wellness Examinations, Spays*, Neuters, elective dental procedures, nail trims or boarding appointment. What this means is we will contact you to schedule your pet’s appointment once we have been given permission to return to normal operating hours. If you would like to be put on this list, please contact us.
If it is after business hours, and you need to contact the on-call veterinarian, please contact them via Medici. The is the app we utilize for virtual consultations. Your pet must have a current Provider/Patient Relationship. (Patient has to have been examined in hospital withing the last year) https://med.ci/app-p Hospital Code: TOAH
If you do not have internet/app capabilities or your pet has not been examined at TOAH in the past year, please contact the on-call veterinarian at 407-917-0501
For all currently scheduled appointments or upcoming appointments:
Once you arrive at TOAH, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387.
- You will be checked in to the hospital and the technician and Dr will be alerted to your pet’s arrival.
- You will be asked to give your payment information by phone at this time, however, you will not be charged until the end of the appointment. This will be the only way we can accept payment at this time. No cash transactions please.
- You will also be asked to confirm a valid email address for your receipt.
- Please remain in your vehicle and remove your dog’s leash at this time. Keep any collar or harness on your dog and be sure cats are in carriers.
- A few moments later, a technician will come to your vehicle to take history from you based on the reason for the appointment. They are advised to stay at least 6 feet away from your car window. PLEASE REMAIN INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET.
- Once history is obtained, the technician will place 2 leads on your dog for safe transport to the hospital or remove your cat in a carrier from your vehicle. Then, they will enter to the hospital to review the information gathered with the attending veterinarian.
- You will then be emailed a treatment plan that we will need you to receive right away (be sure you have mobile access to email for your pet’s appt), consent to and return to us via email prior to any treatment.
- Once your pet is examined, treated and ready for discharge, a technician will return your pet to your vehicle and will go over all instructions/results and/or medications and a follow up plan.
- Payment will then be processed and a receipt will be emailed to you.
If you are picking up any food, supplies and/or medications:
Once you arrive at TOAH, please remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our reception staff at 407-678-8387 and advise them of the reason for your visit.
- You will be asked to give your payment information by phone at this time, and payment will be processed and a receipt will be emailed.
- A receptionist will then bring out the food/supply/medication to our front porch bench (bagged and labeled) and you may pick it up there.
If you are visiting TOAH due to a life-threatening emergency, please park and remain in your vehicle.
- Please contact our receptionists at 407-678-8387
- Await further instructions.
We thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we all adapt to new rules and guidelines during this time. Please do not hesitate to call or email us for any questions or concerns.
The Drs and Staff of Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital